T.R. Morgan grew up in Northern Utah playing high school basketball, winning at board games, and watching tv when he wasn’t reading. After serving an LDS mission to Brazil, he attended the University of Utah and graduated with a political science degree. He then went on to receive his Juris Doctorate from the SJ Quinney School of Law. During law school, T.R. worked full-time with the Internal Revenue Service as a tax examiner and legal intern. T.R. started his legal career working with renowned Ogden Attorney Bob Echard, and, after a few years, started his own general law practice. T.R. has litigation experience in most areas of law, specializing in family law and probate.
Most recently, T.R. served as a Domestic Relations Commissioner in the Second Judicial District Court. His experience wearing the black robe gave him the opportunity to interact with and guide litigants and attorneys through the Shakespearian tempest that domestic litigation can be, presiding over more than 10,000 hearings. He is most proud of, and grateful for, the high marks he received from attorneys during his annual reviews.
T.R. met his wife in high school and started dating after graduation. They have been married since 1997 and have five children. Outside of the office, T.R. enjoys traveling, cheering for the Utes, and watching and discussing tv and movies. For a few years, he was part-owner of an all-ages live music venue, “The Basement.” T.R. is committed to CoilLaw and its ever-increasing standards: he is thrilled to be given the opportunity to grow, transform, and learn from CoilLaw’s diverse and inclusive team.
- U.S. District Court, Utah
- U.S. Tax Court
- Domestic Relations Commissioner – family law
- Guardian ad Litem – legal representation of minors in family law
- Attorney/Litigator – family law, probate, business and tax law, contracts, etc. EDUCATION
- S J Quinney College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- University of Utah (B.A., 1998) CURRENT AFFILIATIONS/MEMBERSHIPS American Bar Association Utah State Bar Association Weber County Bar Association Davis County Bar Association