Stephen J. Oliphant joined CoilLaw, LLC after managing his own criminal defense practice in Salt Lake City. Stephen has broad experience working with clients on criminal, family, and domestic issues and consistently gets favorable results in court. A native of North Carolina, Stephen came to Utah for his education and the outdoors.
Before law school, Stephen had a knack for politics—working in Congress, managing a Senate race in Utah, and lobbying for small businesses. During law school, Stephen pursued many experiences, resulting in a wide-range of legal ability such as:
- Clerked for Utah Legal Services addressing consumer issues in Utah
- Contributed to many family law pro bono services in Salt Lake City
- Volunteered to help displaced refugees through the citizenship process
- Conducted weekly high school classes about current constitutional issues
- Participated in Moot Court in which he was awarded Best Brief
- Interned for the Honorable Judge Judith Atherton in Utah’s Third District Court
J.D., University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, 2012
B.S., Utah State University, Political Science, 2008
Call Stephen Oliphant today for a consultation. (801) 884-3775.